The Sovereign Sparrow: Flying Free After Wrongful SurgeryNov 17, 2023
The Sovereign Sparrow: Flying Free After Wrongful Surgery
Listen to this episode HERE
This week I have my sweet sister, Sparrow, back on the show to tell her redemption story. You may remember her from an earlier season, when she told us about her first birth, in which she transferred herself. She had felt confident in the transfer, thinking she could just go into the hospital as a seasoned birth-worker and get a catheter to empty her bladder. Instead, she was wrongfully diagnosed with HIV and forced into a c-section. It’s a brutal story, and so I’m especially thrilled to have her back on today, sharing this new story. Sparrow tells us all about her new love, her beautiful family, her sovereign birth, and her much deserved blissful postpartum.
Listen to her first time on the podcast HERE
Here’s what you’ll hear:
- Sparrow’s wild story about being wrongfully diagnosed with HIV during the labour of her first baby, after going into the hospital because she couldn’t release her bladder.
- How the HIV misdiagnosis resulted in an emergency C-section, and why she chose to have a vaginal birth after this experience.
- How she was abandoned by her ex-husband at 11 weeks pregnant during her first pregnancy and the physical manifestation it created in her body.
- How her second pregnancy and birth allowed her to reflect on her first birth and truly heal from it. How our births unfold truly shape us as women and how Sparrow would have loved to rewrite her first birth story. How different her second birth was and how deeply seen, safe and loved that it almost felt enough for the current pregnancy and past pregnancy felt.
- How she was open to freebirthing but also having wise women attend the birth (& what she ultimately decided to do).
Join Free Birth Society’s exclusive membership for sovereign women. Here, you'll find everything you need on your path of radical responsibility and conscious womanhood. We welcome women just a handful of times each year, and doors are currently open at 40% off! Apply here.
The COMPASS is a groundbreaking self-study program for women embarking on the path of sovereign birth reclamation and authentic midwifery.
The Midwife Within: Our 5-Day Intensive Retreat Led by Elder Midwife Sister MorningStar and Emilee Saldaya. Get your tickets now!
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and let us know your biggest takeaway–whether it’s inspired you to freebirth or dive deeper into the sovereign birth paradigm.
Follow us on Instagram @freebirthsociety for more daily inspiration on freebirth, the sovereign birth paradigm, authentic midwifery and so much more.
Share your freebirth story with us, Click here to submit it.
The Complete Guide to Freebirth is a self-guided online intensive course that will teach you everything you need to know about how to birth freely and in your power. Click here to get instant access now.
Know that birth work is your calling? With over 500 graduates from over 30 countries, the Radical Birth Keeper School is leading the transformation of birth and midwifery across the planet. Join the waitlist to be first in line when we open the doors for enrollment.
Learn how to initiate women and girls into our sacred blood mysteries through ceremony and sovereign well women's care. Join the waitlist for the Blood Mysteries School.
If you want Emilee Saldaya, the leader of the free birth movement, on your podcast, send an invite here.
And, of course, we couldn’t do what we do without your support, so if you feel called to make a donation to the podcast, it would be greatly appreciated. Click here to donate.
Subscribe for weekly podcast episodes in your inbox.
Every Friday we release a new episode! Be the first to know here.