From Medwives, ECV, and GBS to Family Births with Rachel KirkDec 22, 2023
From Medwives, ECV, and GBS to Family Births with Rachel Kirk
Longtime Free Birth Society Member, Rachel Kirk, is finally on the show today sharing her 3 birth stories, culminating in a true family birth that was attended by her sister, mother, father, and sons. How cute is that!? When Rachel’s chosen birth center medwives threatened to drop her care, coerced her into an ECV for her breech baby, and then never answered her calls during labor, she decided for her next birth she would just do it on her own. Fully supported by her family, she went on to freebirth her second and third sons at home. With her mother supporting her, and her father as photographer, she gave birth to her perfect baby boys.
Here’s what you’ll hear:
- How Rachel wanted to be a compliant patient in order to have a “natural” birth center birth
- How she found out at 37 weeks that her baby was breech and was coerced into an ECV to maintain her care with the birth center
- How she went into labor and called the birth center for hours, and after them never answering she reluctantly went to the hospital to give birth
- How when she got pregnant with her 2nd she knew she couldn't trust the birth center, so she decided she would just do it herself
- How her decision was supported by her whole family, including her sister who later went on to freebirth
- How easy and incredible giving birth to her 2nd son was when she was left alone to do whatever she wanted
- How different this labor was to her first two and the pain she endured to birth her baby
- How special, and unique it is to have birth be a normal family event, that even her little brother called into work to have the day free
The Freebirth Starter Kit is HERE! This is a completely free, highly-curated collection of educational and inspiring resources from Emilee Saldaya, that is sure to change your life.
Join us on a transformative journey, an immersion into the heart and soul of independent midwifery. The Midwife Within: Our 5-Day Intensive Retreat Led by Elder Midwife Sister MorningStar and Emilee Saldaya. Get your tickets now!
Our newest program COMPASS is a groundbreaking self-study program for women embarking on the path of sovereign birth reclamation and authentic midwifery. It’s everything you need to anchor yourself firmly in the realm of sovereign birth, and to gain the confidence you need to leave the system.
If this episode inspires you somehow, leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and let us know your biggest takeaway–whether it’s inspired you to freebirth or dive deeper into the sovereign birth paradigm.
And while you’re here, follow us on Instagram @freebirthsociety for more daily inspiration on freebirth, the sovereign birth paradigm, authentic midwifery and so much more.
Ready to share your freebirth story with us? We’d love to hear it! Click here to submit it.
The Complete Guide to Freebirth is a self-guided online intensive course that will teach you everything you need to know about how to birth freely and in your power. Click here to get instant access now.
Seeking a community of like-hearted women? Join Free Birth Society’s exclusive membership for sovereign women. Here, you'll find everything you need on your path of radical responsibility and conscious womanhood. We welcome new women to our private sanctuary just a handful of times each year. Click here to join the waitlist.
Know that birth work is your calling? With over 500 graduates from over 30 countries, the Radical Birth Keeper School is leading the transformation of birth and midwifery across the planet. Join the waitlist to be first in line when we open the doors for enrollment.
Learn how to initiate women and girls into our sacred blood mysteries through ceremony and sovereign well women's care. Join the waitlist for the Blood Mysteries School.
If you want Emilee Saldaya, the leader of the free birth movement, on your podcast, send an invite to [email protected]
And, of course, we couldn’t do what we do without your support, so if you feel called to make a donation to the podcast, it would be greatly appreciated. Click here to donate.
Subscribe for weekly podcast episodes in your inbox.
Every Friday we release a new episode! Be the first to know here.