Choosing Nourishment Over Restrictive Diets with Jessica AshDec 08, 2023
Choosing Nourishment Over Restrictive Diets with Jessica Ash
Listen to this episode HERE
In this week’s episode of the podcast, we are shaking it up from our normal birth story rotation… I’m chatting with Jessica Ash, who candidly details her journey through various restrictive diets as she attempted to heal chronic hormonal and fertility problems, only to realize that her fixation on restriction was hindering her path to true, vibrant health.
Jessica is a wealth of wisdom when it comes to food, real nourishment, and rising above the mainstream norms of nutritional deprivation.
Here’s what you’ll hear in her episode:
- Jessica’s journey through the trials of PCOS and multiple autoimmune disease diagnoses, and how she tried restrictive diets like veganism, paleo, keto, and carnivore in order to find a solution to her symptoms, yet only found herself in a toxic cycle.
- Jessica discusses the “undernourished state”, the scarcity mindset it breeds, and how nutritional wealth can be transferred across generations, particularly when you experience a well-nourished and nutrient-dense pregnancy.
- How nourishing our bodies on a cellular level is the gateway to our full-being wellness, and how it can help us to explore health as a soul-journey.
- The cultural push to self-harm through extreme dieting and severance from our intuitive and biological indicators trying to tell us how to eat.
- The importance of progesterone in women's health, specifically metabolic functioning, and how to foster a healthy flow of progesterone through radical self-nourishment.
- The reason why women have become so disconnected from their intuition when it comes to food and the importance of intuitive eating (yes, women can enjoy carbs, meat, and dairy!) 💗
Cozy up with a nourishing bowl of food and Enjoy!
Join us on a transformative journey, an immersion into the heart and soul of independent midwifery. The Midwife Within: Our 5-Day Intensive Retreat Led by Elder Midwife Sister MorningStar and Emilee Saldaya. Get your tickets now!
Our newest program COMPASS is a groundbreaking self-study program for women embarking on the path of sovereign birth reclamation and authentic midwifery. It’s everything you need to anchor yourself firmly in the realm of sovereign birth, and to gain the confidence you need to leave the system.
If this episode inspires you somehow, leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and let us know your biggest takeaway–whether it’s inspired you to freebirth or dive deeper into the sovereign birth paradigm.
And while you’re here, follow us on Instagram @freebirthsociety for more daily inspiration on freebirth, the sovereign birth paradigm, authentic midwifery and so much more.
Ready to share your freebirth story with us? We’d love to hear it! Click here to submit it.
The Complete Guide to Freebirth is a self-guided online intensive course that will teach you everything you need to know about how to birth freely and in your power. Click here to get instant access now.
Seeking a community of like-hearted women? Join Free Birth Society’s exclusive membership for sovereign women. Here, you'll find everything you need on your path of radical responsibility and conscious womanhood. We welcome new women to our private sanctuary just a handful of times each year. Click here to join the waitlist.
Know that birth work is your calling? With over 500 graduates from over 30 countries, the Radical Birth Keeper School is leading the transformation of birth and midwifery across the planet. Join the waitlist to be first in line when we open the doors for enrollment.
Learn how to initiate women and girls into our sacred blood mysteries through ceremony and sovereign well women's care. Join the waitlist for the Blood Mysteries School.
If you want Emilee Saldaya, the leader of the free birth movement, on your podcast, send an invite to [email protected]
And, of course, we couldn’t do what we do without your support, so if you feel called to make a donation to the podcast, it would be greatly appreciated. Click here to donate.
Subscribe for weekly podcast episodes in your inbox.
Every Friday we release a new episode! Be the first to know here.