Healing Prolapse, Diastasis Recti, and Tearing with Rebecca CohenNov 24, 2023
Healing Prolapse, Diastasis Recti, and Tearing with Rebecca Cohen
I’ve got Dr. Rebecca Cohen back on the show this week in celebration of our newest collaboration. One of the most common requests I’ve gotten from you all is to create a pelvic health course, that covers all the problems, so to speak, of the postpartum pelvis and pelvic floor, or bowl, as Rebecca calls it. Well, we did it, we’ve been working hard all fall behind the scenes to create the most info packed, helpful, comprehensive course on the postpartum pelvis. It’s called, Your Postpartum Pelvis, and it is FOR YOU to have aid in your healing, to keep you healing at home, outside of the medical system.
This episode and our newest course YOUR POSTPARTUM PELVIS is crafted for you. Rebecca has now supported thousands of women over decades helping them come back into embodiment after childbirth, with the very wisdom within this course.
You deserve to feel whole again, and I am just so proud to finally have this kind of resource on the free birth society platform. Go to freebirthsociety.com/yourpostpartumpelvis and start healing today.
Here’s what you’ll hear:
- How Rebecca returned back to her medical residency, 4 weeks to the day after having her first baby, to work 100 plus hours per week.
- By Rebecca’s third pregnancy, her cervix popped out, and she was told to just tuck it back in.
- At 36, her doctors recommended having a full hysterectomy, and 2 weeks before she was scheduled for surgery, she took the holistic pelvic care course that resulted in her canceling the surgery.
- Just because a woman gets sutures doesn’t mean she needs them, and as an OBGYN, Rebecca was trained just to give them all the time, even if women didn’t need them.
- How psychological tearing is okay and designed to heal an important part of the postpartum process.
- After learning about holistic pelvic care, Rebecca feels it’s a delightful coming home and a continuing decision to honor ourselves and our bodies.
- How when people have prolapse, they feel broken and how they screwed up somehow.
- It’s never too late to heal because Rebecca started this journey 10 years after having her first baby. And how you’re capable of healing.
Listen to Rebecca's first time on the podcast HERE
The COMPASS is a groundbreaking self-study program for women embarking on the path of sovereign birth reclamation and authentic midwifery.
The Midwife Within Our 5-Day Intensive Retreat Led by Elder Midwife Sister MorningStar and Emilee Saldaya. Get your tickets now!
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and let us know your biggest takeaway–whether it’s inspired you to freebirth or dive deeper into the sovereign birth paradigm.
Follow us on Instagram @freebirthsociety for more daily inspiration on freebirth, the sovereign birth paradigm, authentic midwifery and so much more.
Share your freebirth story with us, Click here to submit it.
The Complete Guide to Freebirth is a self-guided online intensive course that will teach you everything you need to know about how to birth freely and in your power. Click here to get instant access now.
Join Free Birth Society’s exclusive membership for sovereign women. Here, you'll find everything you need on your path of radical responsibility and conscious womanhood. We welcome women just a handful of times each year. Click here to join the waitlist.
Know that birth work is your calling? With over 500 graduates from over 30 countries, the Radical Birth Keeper School is leading the transformation of birth and midwifery across the planet. Join the waitlist to be first in line when we open the doors for enrollment.
Learn how to initiate women and girls into our sacred blood mysteries through ceremony and sovereign well women's care. Join the waitlist for the Blood Mysteries School.
If you want Emilee Saldaya, the leader of the free birth movement, on your podcast, send an invite to [email protected]
And, of course, we couldn’t do what we do without your support, so if you feel called to make a donation to the podcast, it would be greatly appreciated. Click here to donate.
Subscribe for weekly podcast episodes in your inbox.
Every Friday we release a new episode! Be the first to know here.