When Your Husband Doesn’t Support Freebirth: Mikiah’s LessonsNov 10, 2023
"When Your Husband Doesn’t Support Freebirth: Mikiah’s Lessons"
Listen to this episode HERE
Mikiah admits she betrayed herself in letting her husband lead on where she should birth her first child. She brilliantly and painfully articulates the horrors of the birth center and the medical midwifery practices that she endured. She learned what she needed to learn to choose differently when she became pregnant again. Mikiah shares the perfect birth story of her second, attended by her darling husband and toddler.
Here’s what you’ll hear:
- The domination strategies that nurses and doctors use and the horrible things that were said to Mikiah to get her to be subordinate.
- Her choice not to have an ultrasound and how her doctor's tone changed from “ this could be nothing” to now “your baby could have down syndrome.”
- Traumatic medwifery practices like nipple stimulation, pushing without contractions and a midwife holding her placenta
- How her second pregnancy was filled with intentional conscious decisions
- How to get your partner on board with freebirth (the short answer is don't, it's not their decision), the importance of making decisions independently, and the role of codependency in relationships.
- The emotional and physical impact of birth trauma
- The importance of trusting and choosing yourself
Our newest program COMPASS is a groundbreaking self-study program for women embarking on the path of sovereign birth reclamation and authentic midwifery. It’s everything you need to anchor yourself firmly in the realm of sovereign birth, and to gain the confidence you need to leave the system.
Join us on a transformative journey, an immersion into the heart and soul of independent midwifery. The Midwife Within: Our 5-Day Intensive Retreat Led by Elder Midwife Sister MorningStar and Emilee Saldaya. Get your tickets now!
If this episode inspires you somehow, leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and let us know your biggest takeaway–whether it’s inspired you to freebirth or dive deeper into the sovereign birth paradigm.
And while you’re here, follow us on Instagram @freebirthsociety for more daily inspiration on freebirth, the sovereign birth paradigm, authentic midwifery and so much more.
Want your product or brand featured on a podcast with 5M+ downloads? Request to become a podcast sponsor.
Ready to share your freebirth story with us? We’d love to hear it! Click here to submit it.
The Complete Guide to Freebirth is a self-guided online intensive course that will teach you everything you need to know about how to birth freely and in your power. Click here to get instant access now.
Seeking a community of like-hearted women? Join Free Birth Society’s exclusive membership for sovereign women. Here, you'll find everything you need on your path of radical responsibility and conscious womanhood. We welcome new women to our private sanctuary just a handful of times each year. Click here to join the waitlist.
Know that birth work is your calling? With over 500 graduates from over 30 countries, the Radical Birth Keeper School is leading the transformation of birth and midwifery across the planet. Join the waitlist to be first in line when we open the doors for enrollment.
Learn how to initiate women and girls into our sacred blood mysteries through ceremony and sovereign well women's care. Join the waitlist for the Blood Mysteries School.
If you want Emilee Saldaya, the leader of the free birth movement, on your podcast, send an invite here.
And, of course, we couldn’t do what we do without your support, so if you feel called to make a donation to the podcast, it would be greatly appreciated. Click here to donate.
Subscribe for weekly podcast episodes in your inbox.
Every Friday we release a new episode! Be the first to know here.